Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Doing business with people you can meet in person.
- Never send money by Easypaisa, Jazzcash or other anonymous payment systems.
- Never send money or products abroad.
- Do not accept cheques.
- Ask about the person you're dealing with another confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (Chats, emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The person refuses to meet you in person.
- Payment is made through Easypaisa, Jazzcash or cheques etc.
- The messages seem to be broken/keep changing the details/retracting.
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.
- The deal seems to be too good to be true.